Operation Christmas Child
What is Operation Christmas Child?
A small shoebox can have a big impact. What goes into the box is fun, but what comes out of it is eternal. Be a part of changing children’s lives all over the world in Jesus’ Name through the power of a simple gift with Operation Christmas Child®.
Operation Christmas Child Opportunity Timeline
|Last Day To Turn In Shoeboxes||November 15, 2020|
|SFCA Chapel||November 18, 2020.|
|Family Serve Day: OCC Packing Party||November 20, 2020.|
|Atlanta OCC Processing Center Ministry Trip||November 30 - December 7, 2020|
How To Pack Your Shoebox
Decide whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14. Download and print the appropriate boy/girl label. Mark the correct age category and tape the label to the top of your box.
Fill the box with a variety of gifts that will bring delight to a child (see Gift Suggestions below).
Help cover shipping and other costs related to delivering your shoeboxes to children overseas by donating $9 for each gift you prepare. You can give online to discover the destination of your box. Or, you can write a check to Samaritan’s Purse (note “OCC” on the memo line) and place it in an envelope on top of the items inside your shoebox. If you are preparing multiple gifts, please make one combined donation. Note: Follow Your Box is only available through online giving.
Ask God to use your gifts to show His love to the child who will receive your shoebox.
Download The OCC Preparation Packet!
Includes large-print instructions, gift suggestions, and labels.
Need More Labels?
A full page of printer-friendly boy/girl labels for multiple shoebox gifts.
Item Of The Month
Unable to make a shoebox? Not a problem! Consider Donating an item or two a month. Click the Button below for a month-by-month item schedule.
Not sure what to donate? Below is a list of recommended items that will be a blessing to children around the world!
- TOYS: Include items that children will immediately embrace such as dolls, toy cars, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries), etc.
- SCHOOL SUPPLIES: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- NON-LIQUID HYGIENE ITEMS: toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, washcloths, etc.
- ACCESSORIES: t-shirts, socks, hats, sunglasses, hair clips, jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries), etc.
- A PERSONAL NOTE: You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. If you include your name and address, the child may be able to write back.
- DO NOT INCLUDE: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol can