Alzheimer’s, Dementia, And The Gospel
A FREE EVENT
Saturday, Feb. 19, 2022 from 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Community Seminar for Dementia Care Partners and their Church Family
Join us as we welcome keynote speaker, Dr. Edward Shaw, to our 4th annual “Alzheimer’s, Dementia, and the Gospel Seminar.” Together, we will learn, connect, and find Gospel hope along the dementia journey.
Who Should Attend This Seminar?
This seminar will benefit dementia care partners, dementia or other long-term caregivers, family and friends of individuals with a dementia diagnosis, and anyone wondering if they or their loved one might have dementia. In addition, it will serve to equip any church member to serve in a way that provides tangible care to another family or individual.
Edward G. Shaw, M.D., M.A.
Physician and mental-health counselor Dr. Edward Shaw was the founder and director of the Memory Counseling Program at Wake Forest Baptist Health. He is the author of The Dementia Care-Partner’s Workbook: A Guide for Understanding, Education, and Hope and coauthor of Keeping Love Alive as Memories Fade: The 5 Love Languages and the Alzheimer’s Journey.
Our Keynote Speaker, Dr. Shaw, will speak on the following topics:
- Adapting to Changing Relationships on the Dementia Journey
- Coping with Grief and Loss on the Dementia Journey
Other topics and speakers will include:
- Alzheimer’s, Dementia, or Normal Aging?
- Amy Schenk, Program Manager and Shavon Chester, Community Educator with the Alzheimer’s Association
- Evaluating Professional Senior Living Care Options
- Annalee Kruger, Care Right, Inc.
- Financial and Legal Considerations – Health Care & Estate Planning
- Lance M. McKinney and Philip V. Howard, Osterhout & McKinney, P.A
- The Gospel & Dementia
- David Miller, Pastor of Membership
Lunch will be provided by Cypress at Home and Jason’s Deli.
Come early to check in and visit our speaker/community resource tables, which will open at 8:30 AM on Main Street, Hope Building.
The seminar will start promptly at 9:00 AM in the Fellowship Hall, Hope Building.
Consider bringing a sweater or jacket to ensure your physical comfort. Health and safety measures may be requested based upon current requirements.
McGregor Baptist Church
3750 Colonial Blvd. Fort Myers, FL 33966